Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wednesday, 7/24/13: Happy Anniversary, Arches.

I'm making great strides!  I'm actually posting about a run the day of the run!

Start time: 5:50 AM
Finish Time: 8:13 AM
Time running: 2:22:56
Distance: 13.02 miles
Pace: 10:58 min/mile
Weather at start of run: cloudy, 65 degrees, 45% humidity
Weather at end of run: sunny, 68 degrees, 45% humidity

This morning, the radio toted today as "fall-like," and I cannot express my delight that they were correct.  In fact, it was the radio's testimony that got me out of bed this morning and into my running shoes.  My brain likes to make excuses so it can get some extra sleep, which sometimes hurts my weekly milage.  Not today.

My pace wasn't great, mainly because I walked quite a bit on this run because of arch pain.  Arch pain has plagued me in the past, though not in the last few months (it's been replaced by achilles pain, unfortunately). This is probably because I stubbornly wanted to log some miles last night, even though I spend the day whitewater rafting with my youth group kids, being tossed around a river like a pinball.  Despite all this, I'm not sorry I went hard this morning.

Because today would have been my third wedding anniversary.

If you're unfamiliar with this blog, I started it about a year ago, but then took a nine-month hiatus on updates because I was dealing with the emotional fallout of the collapse of my marriage.  Many of the scars have healed now, but I knew that today was going to be one of the 'bad days' (anyone who's gone through emotional trauma knows what I mean).  These were the days last summer when I would drink myself into nigh oblivion.

But not today.

A year has passed, and I am hardly the person I was last year.  Though it's been one Hell of a year (almost literally), I would not be who I am today without going through it.  Without going into the gory details, I feel like I have a far better understanding of what it means to be in a relationship (especially a marriage relationship), and I feel closer to where God wants me to be than ever.

So was I going to lay in bed this morning, crushed by defeat, the victim of a hard year? Absolutely not.

Even though this wasn't statistically the best run I've ever logged, I'll chalk it up as one of the greats, simply because it came at a time and place when I severely needed it, and my body managed to carry me through.  I hope that you, dear reader, have had a run like that in your life. And if not, I hope you have one in the near future.

Also, I saw this fantastic car this morning.  Sadly, it was not for sale.


Total miles in July: 73.77 

No comments:

Post a Comment