Thursday, July 26, 2012

Energy products independent study: and overview.

As I mentioned in the first post, one of the reasons I created this blog was so I could have somewhere to post my results from testing several mid-run energy products.  Before I begin, I'd like to make some things clear.

1.) Purpose:  I'm training for my first full marathon in December, and I'm still trying to trail myself to take in food and water while running (since there's no way I'd be able to make it the whole 26.2 without refueling). So I'm trying to find which energy product works best for me.  Your results may vary.

2.) I know that no experiment can be conducted in a vacuum, but I'm going to do my best to recreate similar conditions with every long run (which tend to be between 8.5 and 9.25 miles, but will hopefully change as I train) so I can more accurately determine the effectiveness of the product I've eaten.

3.)  See #2 for the reasons why I record time, temperature, food, sleep, weather, etc.

4.) All reviews are subject to change after repeated trials.  It's usually hard to get a feel for how a product is going to affect one's body after only one try, so stay tuned!

4.)  Feel free to comment on any post!  If you've experienced different results or have training tips, do not hesitate to share them.  I'm not an expert runner by any means, and am always looking for new information.

No comments:

Post a Comment